Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Three days to go
I'll be leaving soon for Japan and have been quite busy this past month doing a variety of things. Almost all the current JETs suggest trying to have a good time before heading out, and that's exactly what I've done. So here is a list of things I've done and still have left to do before heading out.

Things I've done:
  • When to California on vacation, had a blast
  • Went to Ohio to hang out with the family (cause it's where they ALL are....pity they don't all live somewhere a little more vacation friendly)
  • While in Ohio, had some of the greatest chicken in the world over at Hopkins Gardens, and hit up some of the greatest roller coasters ever at Cedar Point
  • Went to see the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix with friends
  • Bought the last Harry Potter book for the flight over to Tokyo
  • Got FBI background check and IRS things sorted
  • Went to JET Q & A session
  • Tried sushi for the first time
  • Have been trying to eat all my favorite food (I bought a bottle of A-1 to bring with me....I like to put it on my rice)
  • Did the first 2 Pimsleur lessons

Things I still need to do (and really should have done sooner, but will do before leaving)

  • Get my IDP at the AAA
  • Exchange $$$ to yen
  • Dry cleaning for my suits
  • Laundry
  • Get parents signed on jointly to my bank account
  • use up various unused gift certificates for a haircut and some clothing
  • FOR THE LOVE OF....why aren't I.....PACKING! (which is harder than I though it would be given I don't know how many schools I'll be teaching at or what, if anything, I might need for my apartment. *pouts*)
  • Get unknown amount of omiyage

Things I'd like to do, but probably won't

  • More Pimsleur lessons
  • Learn katakana and hiragana (started to....but got sidetracked....pity)
  • More clothes and shoe shopping, but I probably won't have room for much more so it's good I can't do this
  • Stress out less
 
posted by am at 8:10 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: