Saturday, September 29, 2007
First Day of School and More...
Monday was my first day of school. I was fairly nervous, but it went really well. Normally, I would only go to one school on Mondays, but because I needed to be introduced during the school assembly, I went to 2 of them. Gave a little speech, had a bunch of kids cheer and bow to me and that was about it.

(there is one of these statues at every school, some type of guardian of multitasking)




After school was over, I went with Janet and her friend visiting from the States to a popular local onsen. In case you don't know, an onsen is basically a natural hot spring where everyone bathes naked (yeah, naked). Males and females have separate baths of course. Was sorta strange, but it's a very popular Japanese activity, so I decided to try it out. The onsen is up the mountain that the Fruit Park is on and provides an excellent view of the whole of Yamanashishi. It was quite relaxing and not nearly as uncomfortable as I thought it would be.



Up Next: Private Tutoring

Labels: ,

 
posted by am at 9:10 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: