Monday, October 6, 2008
Movie Number 3

I recently went to watch my third ‘all in Japanese’ movie, Hana Yori Dango F. I went to see it with Janet and a new JET, Katrina. Once again, I was familiar with the characters and story line which really helped me follow what was happening.

Hana Yori Dango (aka. Boys over Flowers) is a popular drama series that I finished watching a few months before I leaned of the movie’s release. It’s a quirky love story between a poor girl going to an elite private school and an arrogant, popular, rich boy. The movie is somewhat of a continuation of the drama. So while I didn’t know what the movie would necessary be about, I was at least familiar with the characters and their back story.

The movie itself was, umm, interesting. Definitely not high brow in anyway. It was cute and funny in a very unique sort of way. One of those movies that make you go WTF on occasion due to it’s obviousness. For instance, there is a scene where the main character fights with a grizzly bear. Yeah.......

Anyway, I enjoyed myself and the Japanese practice. I managed to follow along with the movie okay. There were a few things I needed clarification on, because certain scenes seemed kind of dumb, but apparently they were also quite dumb and unexplained even if you could understand the Japanese.

Labels: ,

 
posted by am at 7:58 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: