Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Cherry picking
A local farm in Makioka invited all the ALTs working at our BOE to a cherry picking event. When I first got the invitation, I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, but I knew I wanted to do some fruit picking this year and it was free, so I signed up. The first hurdle was trying to figure out how to get there. Makioka, while considered part of my town, is way up in the mountains. My first thought was to see if Fred, who is the ALT living in Makioka, would be willing to give me a ride, but he wasn't sure if he was going to go.

After much panic and discussion, Fred decided that he did want to go and thus the ride problem was solved. It ended up being me, Fred, and Tiffany who went and we ended up running into several of our students while there. It was a lot of fun, and the cherries were delicious!





Labels: , , ,

 
posted by am at 7:50 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: