Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Around the Office
So, work is great. The kids are super cute and usually really motivated to learn English. I've managed to accumulate a large pile of gifts from various classes and I'm often outside playing with the kids during recess.

Classes are going well for the most part. Whereas my JHS counterparts have problems getting their kids to talk, I often have problems getting mine to be quite and chill out. They do get a bit overexcited at times, which can really slow down a lesson. But kids will be kids, so I don't worry about it too much.

Several events have happened as well. My three schools had a 6th grade girls soccer and boys basketball tournament. And it luckily happened at my Monday/Tuesday school while I was actually there! So I got to see all my students compete against each other and cheer them on (but not too much in case I hurt the feelings of kids from another school). It was fun hanging out with them, but I couldn't stay for long as I had class to teach. Also, one of my schools recently had a Polka/Alps musician group visit and perform. The younger kids seemed really into whereas the older kids seemed less amused, but everyone seemed to be having a good time by the end. Also, at my Friday school, I went to this community center that was next to the school and got some free homemade donuts. The principle said we should go over and wouldn't say why, so the donuts were a nice surprise. The guy running the center was also really nice. Apparently they have English classes there so he wanted to practice with me while I was there. He gave me extra donuts too!







Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my random stories and pics from school and various school activities.

Labels: ,

 
posted by am at 10:42 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: