Sunday, November 11, 2007
Yokohama
After visiting Tokyo so many times, I decided to try out another city. So, the day after the baseball game, I went with Janet and Tiffany to check out Yokohama. Yokohama is the capital city of the Kanagawa prefecture, which is south of Tokyo and south east of Yamanashi. It's a rather large city and has one of the largest Chinatowns in the world.









So, we all wandered around Chinatown, eating various tasty things that I can't remember the name of. We also checked out the temple that's there as well as several of the many gates that are scattered around. Each of the gates look really similar, but if you look closely, you can see several differences between them. After eating our fill we wandered around the Queen's square shopping mall, looked at the Cosmo Clock, which is a large ferris wheel that also serves as a clock, and did some shopping. I got a great pair of new shoes, which I love!






After that, we headed back home. All in all, a nice break from Tokyo. I'll probably be back again sometime!

Labels:

 
posted by am at 4:43 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: