Saturday, November 24, 2007
Wine Festival
I'd attended several fire related festivals, so I was hoping to be able to switch it up a bit, and as luck would have it, I found out about a wine festival in the neighboring town of Katsanuma. And, not a few days after hearing about the festival, my Japanese tutor who just so happens to live in Katsanuma invited myself and Tiffany to attend the festival with her and her friends.

So, on the day of the festival, she came to pick us up and we went straight to her house to partake in what every Japanese person does to start off a festival.....eat! There was some lovely wild rice stuff, tempura, and oden. I really liked the egg and daikon that were in the oden. After food, we went to the festival and did a bunch of wine tasting and then headed back for more food. I was under the impression that we'd be going back to the festival so I could pick up a few bottles of the wines I liked best, but we only we back to see the fireworks and lighting of this large tori gate on the side of one of the mountains. So, yeah, I went to a wine festival and ended up not even getting any wine! However, I did get to eat a lot of good food and drink a lot of free wine and hang out with some interesting obasans.




Labels: , ,

 
posted by am at 7:44 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: